The Liebster Blog Award
I’ve been nominated by my good friend, Terry Tyler – see her post here. Her blog is brilliant, and is always a lot of fun. http://terrytyler59.blogspot.co.uk/
So, what’s it all about?
The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look. My job is to list 11 random facts about me, answer the 11 questions Terry has set me, then to nominate 11 new bloggers, who should bask in the Liebster glow – which means doing the same as I am doing here! ie, post a blog linking back here, with 11 random facts about you, answer my 11 questions and nominate 11 new bloggers (and think of 11 questions to ask them – can be anything!). Off we go then… If you want to do it but the thought of finding 11 other bloggers to tag & thinking up questions puts you off, just do the 11 random facts about yourself, and answer my questions! 🙂
11 random facts about me
1. I have a very strong reaction to lavender. If I get lavender oil on my skin, it’ll knock me out – literally! If someone is has a lavender air freshener, I will fall asleep in their home! Recently I bought some chamomile tea with lavender in it and I can honestly say that after 1 cup I am stoned!
2. I lived in Ecuador, Russia and Spain. I absolutely loved Ecuador and certainly left my heart there. If I had the chance, I would certainly go back there. I still have wanderlust.
3. I am super picky over chocolate. If you give me anything other than Cadbury’s I won’t eat it. I am not tempted at all, but if it’s Cadbury’s I can eat the lot in one go! (What a glutton!) haha
4. I am 4 feet 8 inches tall. Yes, tall! Don’t be heightist! lol I find it difficult to do things in the kitchen. I need a stool to stand on to reach the cupboards and then I need to use a spatula to knock things off of the top shelf! Imagine your 11 year old doing the cooking and that’s how awkward I look lol
5. I speak English (sort of), French, and Spanish. I am fluent in Spanish. I learnt it when I went to Ecuador. I remember arriving at the airport in Quito and thinking ‘I can’t speak Spanish. I hope they don’t ask me any questions at passport control!’ haha After 5 months though, I was fluently speaking Spanish. I know I have my good friends Pachi and Keyla to thank for that.
6. I am a sagittarius and I don’t even know what that means! What does it mean? Is it important?
People born under this sign are bright and optimistic. A Sagittarius person is full of energy, versatility and eagerness. They enjoy travelling and exploring. Sagittarians, being ruled by Jupiter, are pleasure-loving and benevolent. They are not diplomatic, but are very honest and outspoken. People belonging to this sun sign respect morality, customs and traditions. Sagittarians are tolerant, open-minded and very judgmental. They are very entertaining which makes them an ideal companion. Sometimes, a dark sense of humor lands them into trouble. They are creative people, but have problem with controlling their egos. Sagittarius people also tend to lose temper if things don’t go in their favour. Sagittarius people are irresponsible and restless at times, which creates a negative atmosphere at their workplace. They take risks without thinking about the consequences. As a result, sometimes those risks end up having a negative impact on them. Sagittarius people are known for their passion for risks and adventure, hence many of them indulge in gambling and insecure investment plans.
I think that probably is me! Oh dear, perhaps I should start paying attention to these things!
7. The only bone I’ve ever broken was my nose, and no one knows how it happened apparently, as it happened when I was an infant. I was quite disappointed really. If I was going to break something, I wanted to experience it all and have a plastercast and everything! lol
8. I believe in ghosts! Seriously I do. I have had too many experiences to not believe. I would say that something ‘ghostly’ happens in our house every week. I am not scared as I’m convinced it’s my granddad or my husband’s mother. We see lights, we have strange smells that we associate with certain people. For example cigarette smoke when no one in our house smokes and no one is allowed to smoke in our house. We see shadows, hear footstep and I even hear bells. BUT I wouldn’t say the house is haunted, I just think we’re being visited.
9. I am a big science-fiction fan. I love Star Trek (and hate the new film!) and have been in love with Spock since I was a teen! 😉 I also am addicted to Stargate SG1 and watch that over and over again. I am such a geek! In fact, I like to watch something sci-fi every day or I get withdrawal symptoms lol
10. I don’t have a desk like other writers seem to have. I often see other authors posting lovely photos of their huge desks and well organised writing areas. I don’t have a desk. I have a sofa table thing, that I pop the laptop onto and pull up to me so the feet are under the sofa. I’m comfortable but I don’t have much room. I would love to have a special nook area just for writing in. That would be heavenly 🙂
11. I love ginger cats. I don’t know why but I cannot resist them not even for a single second! If I had my way I would have a collection of them, which I have just learnt is called a clowder of cats! That would make me a cat lady though, and that’s a scary thought! 😉
Here are the 11 questions that Terry Tyler asked me!
1. What’s your favourite flavour of crisps?
Either Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoops or Pickled Onion Monster Munch! 🙂
2. How many of other people’s blog posts do you read per day, on average?
Golly, that’s hard to answer. I guess that depends on how much time I spend on facebook which is where I usually see other people’s blog posts. As an estimate, I would say between 10-15 minutes a day.
3. If you weren’t promoting your book/blog, would you still use Twitter/Facebook so much? If not, how much would you?
I know that I certainly wouldn’t be on twitter and facebook as much. I’d probably only go on them to say hello to friends. I think it would be interesting to see if we could avoid FB and twitter for a week 😉 I bet I can’t!
4. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? (I know at least one person I’ve tagged has good reason to really, really hate it)
I am the person that Terry knows who hates smoking.
No never, is the answer to that question. Thanks to my parent’s who smoked, their friends and other family members who made the air thick with smoke all the time, I have asthma. I hate smoking and hate it even more when I ask smokers to stop around me and they say “Take your inhaler instead!” Thanks, asthma can kill!!
5. When a doctor asks you how much you drink, do you lie?
No, I don’t lie. I am virtually tee-total. I don’t like the taste of most alcohol and I hate the way it makes me feel. I may have a glass of Bailey’s at Christmas and that’s all. I especially hate Champagne and on my wedding day we bought Veuve Cliquot, which is very expensive. I almost spat it out during the toasts! I am SO glad no one took a photo of that! LOL
6. What is your star sign? Do you know about the typical characteristics of that sign, and if so, which ones apply to you?
I answered that question above because Terry Tyler mentioned it and it started me thinking about mine. I am a Sagittarian. I had to google that because I’ve never put any stock in the zodiac, however, the description (above) of a Sagittarian does sound a little like me. Coincidene or truth? I have no idea! 😉
7. Do you remember your first blog post? What was it about?
I can’t actually! It might have been about the upcoming release of Charlotte – Pride & Prejudice Continues or it might have been about nothing in particular! As it was a first blog post the latter is more likely 😉
8. Imagine you have to give up these four things for a month: Alcohol, writing, listening to music, television. Starting with the one you would find the easiest to give up, in what order would you find them the easiest to do without?
Easiest – Alcohol, I don’t drink.
Listening to music would be next. I often listen to my ipod while cleaning. It makes it less like work then, but I guess I could suffer if it was only for a month.
Then, television would be next. I would find that hard to give up. I don’t watch a lot of tv but I do have to see my sci-fi programmes in the evening. If I can’t see Stargate or Star Trek then I might go insane! lol
Finally, writing. I couldn’t give that up. It’s my life!
9. I love QI, Have I Got News For You, Mock The Week, Ed Byrne, Frankie Boyle sometimes, Fawlty Towers, Python, Catherine Tate.. and loads more. I loathe Michael McIntyre. What do you/don’t you find funny?
I love QI too. I also am a big fan of Monty Python and Blackadder. I have also recently got into Mrs Brown’s Boys, which is unusual for me because I really dislike the f-word. I have been known to throw books in the bin that contain them, so switching the TV off when it becomes too much is no trouble.
Terry said she hates Michael McIntyre, and we love him! I even got his latest dvd for Christmas. But she says she loves Catherine Tate, I don’t find her remotely funny.
I love Indian comedy too – Goodness Gracious Me and The Kumars at No. 42 – I wish they’d make more!
10. Do you watch soap operas? If so, which is your favourite, and if not, why not?
No, I don’t watch soap operas. I don’t have the time with two jobs and my writing to do. I wouldn’t choose to watch them either as they make me lose the will to live!
11. And finally – please put a link here to any of your blog posts – tell us what it’s about, and why you have chosen it!
This is a short blog post, but it’s really important to me because I had just received an award for my debut novel Charlotte – Pride & Prejudice Continues. 🙂 Click here.
Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope you will now take a look at these other fine people’s blogs, as they have all agreed to take part 🙂
Here are the 11 questions I am asking the people I’ve tagged – yes, you must answer these!
I nominate these people for The Liebster Award:
1 – Caroline Levy – http://caroline-felicity-levy.blogspot.co.uk
2 – Paula Lofting – http://www.threadstothepast.blogspot.co.uk/
3 – Judith Arnopp – http://juditharnoppnovelist.blogspot.co.uk/
4 – Mary Middleton – http://marymiddletonwritesoflove.blogspot.co.uk/
5 – Francine Howarth – http://francinehowarth.blogspot.co.uk/